As the ecosystem around Mixed Reality heats up it’s getting more and more difficult to keep up to date on all the latest news and changes. This weekly newsletter / link blog will include links to many Microsoft articles as well as other blogs and resources posted online by the community at large. This may also include links on occasion that are not related to Microsoft but have relevance on Mixed Reality, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and other related areas.
If you want to recieve this weekly update on the industry of Mixed Reality, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality, directly in your email, then please Subscribe!
Here’s a collection of some of the most noteworthy blog articles posted over the past week; both from Microsoft and the Community at large. Some links may not even be about Microsoft technologies, as the purpose of this list to cover the industry at a large.
- Microsoft HoloLens: Partner Spotlight with thyssenkrupp via Microsoft HoloLens
- University of Cambridge and Hololens On-Site Virtual Mapping Can Aid Inspections by Lee Stott
Mixed Reality / Augmented Reality
- Facebook: VR’s future is bright but ‘full AR’ is the holy grail by Brian Crecente
- Facebook is going all-in on Augmented Reality by Paul Smedley
- Introducing Meta’s AR Design Guidelines via Meta
- Apple hires developer who made 3D virtual reality plugins for Final Cut Pro by Benjamin Mayo
- Rick & Morty Virtual Reality Trailer: Experience 3D Rick-ality by Dan Zinski
- 5 Virtual Reality Trends to Watch in the Next 5 Years by Anna Johansson
Here are some Mixed Reality related links for blog articles and news from over the past week:
Video of the Week
This weeks episode of The New Screen Savers on the TWiT network covers tons of Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality content. I definitely recommend watching this weeks episode.
Do you have any suggestions or general feedback on the Mixed Reality Weekly blog series? Please contact me and sent it on over! Or tweet it over to @BuildHololens.
The types of feedback I’m open to hearing:
- What do you like about this series?
- What do you dislike about this series?
- What would you change?
- What would you add?
Please feel free to reach out and let me know your feedback. I post this weekly post as a service to others and really want to make it the best resource it can be for everyone!
Thanks! If you enjoyed this, please subscribe to receive it in your email every week.