As the ecosystem around Mixed Reality heats up it’s getting more and more difficult to keep up to date on all the latest news and changes. This weekly newsletter / link blog will include links to many Microsoft articles as well as other blogs and resources posted online by the community at large. This may also include links on occasion that are not related to Microsoft but have relevance on Mixed Reality, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and other related areas.
If you want to recieve this weekly update on the industry of Mixed Reality, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality, directly in your email, then please Subscribe!
Here’s a collection of some of the most noteworthy blog articles posted over the past week; both from Microsoft and the Community at large. Some links may not even be about Microsoft technologies, as the purpose of this list to cover the industry at a large.
- HoloLens Dev 101: How to Get Started with Unity’s New Video Player by Anthony Corrado
- Microsoft Demonstrates Holograms with Phase-Only Displays by Tommy Palladino
- HoloLens Demo Lets Airline Staff View Passenger Emotional State & Flight Details by Jake Peterson
- UrhoSharp HoloLens by Greg Duncan
- Unity & Microsoft Are Giving Away $150,000 for HoloLens Apps & Loaning Out HoloLens Developers Kits by Jason Odom
- Arvizio Aims for Enterprises with Collaboration Tools for HoloLens by Tommy Palladino
Mixed Reality / Augmented Reality
- Market Reality: Aira Raises Funding for Visual Interpreter Service by Tommy Palladino
- Realfiction’s New Mixed Reality Display Projects Large Scale Holograms Without a Headset by Tommy Palladino
- Realfiction’s Mixed Reality Display Is a Dream Come True by Tommy Palladino
- Build 2017 Mixed Reality Developer Discussion by Cameron Vetter
- Magic Leap Opens Up Applications for Early-Access Beta Developers by Fionnuala O’Leary
- Will Google’s Standalone VR Headsets Enable AR Experiences? by Tommy Palladino
- Introducing Daydream via Google
- How to Get Started with Unity’s New Video Player by Anthony Corrado
- Around The World With MVPs: ReBUILD 2017 in Nantes, France via MVP Award Program
Video of the Week
Introducing WorldSense: Move naturally in VR from Google
Do you have any suggestions or general feedback on the Mixed Reality Weekly blog series? Please contact me and sent it on over! Or tweet it over to @BuildHololens. The types of feedback I’m open to hearing:
- What do you like about this series?
- What do you dislike about this series?
- What would you change?
- What would you add?
Please feel free to reach out and let me know your feedback. I post this weekly post as a service to others and really want to make it the best resource it can be for everyone! Thanks! If you enjoyed this, please subscribe to receive it in your email every week.