As the ecosystem around Mixed Reality heats up it’s getting more and more difficult to keep up to date on all the latest news and changes. This weekly newsletter / link blog will include links to many Microsoft articles as well as other blogs and resources posted online by the community at large. This may also include links on occasion that are not related to Microsoft but have relevance on Mixed Reality, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and other related areas.
If you want to recieve this weekly update on the industry of Mixed Reality, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality, directly in your email, then please Subscribe!
Here’s a collection of some of the most noteworthy blog articles posted over the past week; both from Microsoft and the Community at large. Some links may not even be about Microsoft technologies, as the purpose of this list to cover the industry at a large.
- HoloLens to launch in China at the end of this month by Fei Zhao
- Market Reality: Unity Receives Investment from Silver Lake by Tommy Plalladino
- Tech Store Saturn Gets AR Sales Assistant Using HoloLens by Rebecca Hills-Duty
Mixed Reality / Augmented Reality
- Mixed Reality Lab- Classical Meets Media by Jessie Mae
- Microsoft Reveals AR Glasses That Look Like Regular Spectacles by Rebecca Hills-Duty
- HeadsupAR Turns Smartphones into Mixed Reality Headsets by Tommy Palladino
- AR and VR Playground to Debut at Augmented World Expo by Rebecca Hills-Duty
- Hands-on: Acer Windows Mixed Reality Dev Kit & Datascape by Jason Odom
- Paula the AR Salesperson Is Ready to Take Your Order by Fionnuala O’Leary
- VR & AR Heading to France’s VivaTech 2017 Conference by Peter Graham
- London City Airport Integrating AR for Air Traffic Control by Peter Graham
- AR, VR, MR, RR, XR: A Glossary to the Acronyms of the Future by Kevin Joyce
- ARM Unveil New VR-Ready Processors by Rebecca Hills-Duty
- Virtual Reality using Arduino #Arduino by Jessie Mae
- VR Education Comes to Singapore’s Classrooms by Rebecca Hills-Duty
- Nvidia’s Next Generation of GeForce GTX Battlebox’s are Ready for the Demands of VR by Peter Graham
- HTC U11 to get its own Headset called Link by Peter Graham
- Epic Games Advances VR Integration for Unreal Engine Releasing v4.16 by Peter Graham
- Record Immersive Video no Matter the Weather with Garmin’s 5K VIRB 360 Camera by Peter Graham
- Watch the Action of Formula E in VR with Virtually Live by Peter Graham
- HandyGames Release Early Preview Trailer for Townsmen VR by Peter Graham
- Transformers Roll Out In Chinese VR Experience Centres by Rebecca Hills-Duty
- The VR Society Announces the First ‘The Art of VR’ Festival in NYC by Peter Graham
- PlayStation VR’s Farpoint Debuts at Number 2 in UK Sales Chart by Peter Graham
- Oculus Roles Out 1.15 Update to Improve Roomscale Support by Peter Graham
- Burn Rubber On Oculus Rift This Weekend With Free BlazeRush by Rebecca Hills-Duty
- The Mummy Zero Gravity VR Experience Coming to The Shop at NBC Studios in NYC by Peter Graham
- Megadimension Neptunia VIIR Receives Summer Launch in Japan by Peter Graham
- SUPERHOT VR Coming to HTC Vive This Week by Peter Graham
- VR at Retail: Are Expectations Too Low? by Peter Graham
Video of the Week
Microsoft HoloLens on Airplanes: Overcoming the Laptop and Tablet Ban!
Do you have any suggestions or general feedback on the Mixed Reality Weekly blog series? Please contact me and sent it on over! Or tweet it over to @BuildHololens. The types of feedback I’m open to hearing:
- What do you like about this series?
- What do you dislike about this series?
- What would you change?
- What would you add?
Please feel free to reach out and let me know your feedback. I post this weekly post as a service to others and really want to make it the best resource it can be for everyone! Thanks! If you enjoyed this, please subscribe to receive it in your email every week.